Any new patients as they walk in are counseled about the features and uniqueness of Aristo and are then registered accordingly. Then they are sent to the Aristo where-in they consult one of the senior doctors. The patients health history is taken in, followed by examination, scanning and other diagnostic tests like blood routine, etc.. as per the Doctors advise. These patients would meet Dr.Devika Gunasheela either immediately or during their review/followup visit.
Gunasheela Surgical & Maternity Hospital attends to about 1800 in-patients & at least 20,000 out-patients annually. The hospital
has the following facilities :
- 3 major modern OTs
- 1 minor OT
- 1 labour room
- Nursery for the new born babies
- Intensive Care Unit with 5 beds
- 6 deluxe special wards.
The hospital also has all the essential facilities like:
- X-ray facilities
- Full fledged pathology laboratory
- Full fledged infertility unit consisting of with state-of-art-laboratory
For the IUI cycle the plan is made on the day 2 or 3 of cycle after scan.
- The entire treatment will involve around 4 - 6 visits to the hospital.
- During each visit she would have to undergo a scan to see the effect of injections and drugs prescribed.
- At the end of the cycle when the size of the follicle is mature enough HCG is given and the patient is called for the intrauterine insemination procedure.
- The husband would be advised to come for a maximum of 3 sittings of IUI in 1 cycle, to produce semen. This semen sample will then be cleaned (processed) and inserted into his wife's uterus.
- Treatment charges vary upon the response of the patient to the drugs given.
- If the patient is working she can continue with her routine work and avoid strenuous activities.
- The whole treatment may last for 10 - 15 days.
- Urine pregnancy test is done 16 days approximately after the IUI procedure.
- Our scanning starts at 8.30 am to help our working patients. Patients will need to be here from 8: 30 am onwards and will have a scan and blood test. They can come back for their advice and injections at 4:00 pm or alternatively wait for their test reports which will take a maximum of 1 hour to come back.The advice and injections will be given. They should be ready to leave the hospital by about 10:30 am.